Call for Plays for the 2012 Play Lab
The Last Frontier Theatre Conference has released its Call for Plays for the 2012 Play Lab. The Conference takes place from June 10-16, 2012. Selected plays receive public readings at the Conference, with both public and private feedback sessions led by theatre professionals. Authors must register for the Conference and be in attendance for their reading.
This Play Lab will feature plays from 20 minutes to 2 hours in length. Accepted writers will also have an additional opportunity to present their work in the 10-Page Play Slam, the Monologue Workshop, and the late-night Fringe Festival.
The submission guidelines are as follows:
- Plays must be received by January 5, 2012.
- Submissions should include an approximate running time for the play, between 20 minutes and 2 hours.
- The play must not have received a professional production; readings and amateur productions are acceptable.
- No musicals are accepted.
- One submission per author.
- Plays can be submitted via e-mail as either a PDF or Word document to email@example.com.
- Authors should include their mailing address with their submission.
Plays presented at the Conference have gone on to productions throughout Alaska and the rest of the United States due to the exposure received there. Updates about this year’s Conference will be posted at www.theatreconference.org. Questions can be addressed to Conference Coordinator Dawson Moore at 907-834-1614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.