15th Annual Festival of One-Act Plays
THEATRE THREE, Port Jefferson, New York, is now accepting submissions for its 15th annual Festival of One-Act Plays to be held on its Second Stage, the Ronald F. Peierls Theatre, during March 2012.
* Only unproduced works will be accepted.
* Plays that have had staged readings are eligible.
* No adaptations, musicals, or children’s plays.
* Cast size maximum: 8.
* Length: 40 minutes maximum, no minimum.
*Settings should be simple or suggested.
* Playwrights may make multiple submissions. They need not be made under separate cover.
* Please do not submit works that have been previously submitted.
* Scripts must be postmarked by September 30, 2011.
Please submit a cover letter, a synopsis, and a resume along with one copy of the play. Cover sheet of play should have title, author, author’s address, author’s telephone number, and author’s email address (if available). Plays should be neatly bound or stapled on the left-hand corner (no loose pages and no binders, please). All submissions must include a standard SASE for correspondence. Or, if playwrights wish to have their works returned, an appropriate SASE must also be included.
Selected plays will be presented for 10 performances. Playwrights will receive a small stipend.
Plays should be submitted to
The 15th Annual Festival of One-Act Plays
Attn: Jeffrey Sanzel, Artistic Director
P.O. Box 512
Port Jefferson, NY 11777-0512
We do not accept electronic (email) submissions. Please do not call or stop by the theatre.
Final selection of plays will be in late 2011.