Theatre Out is seeking submissions for BRIEFS: A Festival of Short Plays
Submission Period: January 1 – May 1, 2010
Performances: September 17 – 26. 2010
Plays received before or after the submission period will not be considered.
- All submissions should deal with an LGBT issue or the LGBT community.
- All submissions must be original. Plays that have received previous full-scale productions are ineligible for submission. Plays that have received workshop productions are eligible for submission.
- Each playwright may submit up to three scripts for consideration. A separate submission form is required for each play submitted.
- Scripts must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF or Microsoft Word compatible format.
- The titles and playwrights of all submitted scripts will be posted on the Theatre Out website under “Submissions”. You are encouraged to check the website two to three weeks after your initial submission to confirm receipt of your script.
- We are unable to provide feedback on your script.
- Scripts should be in standard script format and should be able to be performed in 20 minutes or less. The first page should include: title, playwright’s name, address, phone number and e-mail. This is the only page the playwright’s information should appear.
- Scripts received before or after the submission period will not be accepted.
A completed and signed copy of this form must be received for each script submitted. This form may be scanned and emailed or mailed to Theatre Out, PO Box 2989, Anaheim, CA 92814. Please note, however, that mailed scripts will not be accepted.
- Successful short plays should utilize no more than 6 actors.
- Successful short plays are not scenes but, instead, are complete works with fully developed characters and plot.
- Successful short plays typically do not rely on major scenic elements and are easily adapted into a variety of theatre spaces.
- There is NO entry fee for submitting your work.
Submissions must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com
There is mention in the guidelines of a submission form. This will be available on the Theatre Out website once the submission period begins.
The Audience will be voting on a «Best of The Fest» award.