International Playwriting Monodrama Competition 2008
Monodrama Competition 2008:New submission deadline is March 31, 2008 The entries must be in one of the UNESCO languages (English and French) or in Arabic.
– The play has to be a monodrama: a play written for one performer.
– Playwrights do not have to be members of the International Theatre Institute, the International Playwrights´ Forum, the Monodrama Forum and they may be of any age and from any country.
– Each playwright may submit only one monodrama that should be approx. 45 to 70 minutes long, approx. 20-40 pages, 1800 characters (with spaces) on page.
– No published or produced plays will be accepted.
– With the sending of the play the playwright accepts the rules.
– The winners accept that their plays are put on the website as PDF and possibly be printed in a publication for promotion of their plays without further remuneration. There will be no royalty paid for the PDF being put on the website or that publication. The rights for further publications belong to the winning playwrights.
– The winners accept a first performance in the form of a play reading or a full production without further remuneration. There will be no royalty paid for this first production. The rights for further productions belong to the winning playwrights. For info: http://www.playwrightsforum.com/english.html